Nice looking red oak, clean straight rounds make lots of splits:thumbs:
With bigger hands take a look at Ruger 22/45 - based loosely on a 1911 frame size. I picked up the 22/45 target model last year ~$260. It cycles...
Nate may expand on this but I don't think ethanol is blended into fuel in Alaska.
I was contemplating match light charcoal? I have a bag of charcoal from ALDI's - will never buy that crap again, maybe just soak the stuff is...
Nate does it just stall out or shutoff? Could be the kill switch wire rubbing somewhere and the weight of the saw against the AV mounts in that...
Dex - I'm not put off in any way from a port job, the testament is in the videos you guys post. Just thinking along the lines of the folks that...
I had great visions of posting a pic of the stacked product, the accomplishment of stacking it that high, even considered cutting some cedar poles...
Somebody must have contemplated having it milled and it never happened so you ended up with a bunch of firewood sitting in a stacked log row...
getting to be like drug dealers:rofl: :lol:
upside is the splits are standing up and shouldn't be to hard to restack it all - I think I'll keep it under 5' this time:drunk:
So it stacked out to 1-1/3 cords. It was(operative word was) my masterpiece, 16' long, 20"wide, and......6'+ in height this pile was straight,...
Honestly this saw has more than enough power in it's current form w/ muffler mod. It's balanced well with a 20" bar, doesn't feel taxing/tiring...
It would be easier to find a wheel&tire that has a flat surface and drill them to a 4" pattern. Like I said the offset on these would make my...
I just went through this issue with my wood trailer - thought about putting the pulloffs from my foreman on the 4" hubs. First off the center hub...
Everything is split except for the stump, I want to get a better look at the growth rings - counted 76. The stump's a bit lower than DBH and it's...
someday I'll buy some log tongs, never really saw the need as my hands probably span larger than those things - pull the logs to my waist or...
Depends on weather like everyone else here, typically a few dry out/shoulder season burns late October. we get some varying weather through...
Funny I just bought a new loop of 36 RS 72 the other day - they didn't have them on the display rack, I had to show the salesman(kid really)where...
See I cut 20-22". Having the spike up against the log gives it nowhere to go. I guess the 28" will have to get a new chain.. or two
Sorry to hear about the sciatica Dex - I went through it in 2010. was fortunate that one shot and self directed PT along with losing some of the...