Yeah I am over it at this point...... I had the stove setup so perfectly last night though that it wasn't funny. On a positive note had the door...
There is more to that story......didn't want to hijack this thread...
Yeah the floors are so cold you can't stand to walk on them without shoes. This is the first time ever that I wished I had some form of backup...
Apparently horrible, never had trouble withe the door staying closed before either. Watched my wife check all the doors to make sure they were...
Congrats! Looks like a decent sized buck which should give you some meat for the table.
-6 with a windchill of -24..... 38 degrees in my house.......:mad:
Reloaded my stove last night at 8:30 and all was good came down at 3:30 to let the dog out the back of the house and everything was still good...
Kind of a nifty idea! Might have to try that. I would really love to have one of Scotty's coal sifter shovels though as they seem to be the cats meow!
I also find that Hickory tend to coal a bit more than a lot of other woods. It always seems to leave these fine almost round coals.
Glad you made it over hope you enjoy it!
Thermometer is showing 0 degrees outside but the house is holding beautifully around 76 degrees. So far no coal build up at all. Will say i am...
Congrats to you and your daughter! Sounds like quite the family hunting escapade that I am sure everyone will always remember. Can't wait until my...
5* with -15* wind chill. House is at a comfy 76 degrees. Last night I loaded at 8 pm and the house was 80* at 6 am so we waited until about 9am to...
it was 15 degrees this morning with a -10 feel and my living room was 80 degrees and the rest of the house was 74 degrees. I am guessing the temps...
Well I guess I will chalk your success up to the wonders of a Blaze King. :) I have burned in three different stoves two of which were cats and...
Hmm, I am burning 4 year old red oak and still fight coal buildup on really cold days. Seems like by the time it's down to big chunks of wood in...
Wow that sounds great, it's doing awesome to heat all of that in those temps! very nice setup.
Looks good! I managed to get some in and stacked on the hearth today also. How often do you have to reload that gasifier in these temps?
I was laying on the floor in the living room half amused at the irony of my situation. I have been after my wife for the past few years to let me...
4 saws for a truck load of wood, you and I would get along great :thumbs: Nice load of wood you have there for sure!