That’s an impression amount of wood as a non seller. How do you have it all stored so it lasts through the years till you’ll burn it? Have you...
You beat me to it
I have cut and or split 6 out of the last 7 days. I’m 50% Irish but on 3/17, I am 100%. Taking the day off. Rain Thursday and into Friday.
I can’t answer about federal lands but NJ has one of the smallest %’s of federal land to my knowledge
Rougly 2.5 cords of mostly green oak...my guess would be around 14,000 pounds. When the truck is packed tight, it yields right around 3 cords.
All prescribed burns were put on hold Thursday through at least now due to low humidity and high winds.
Got that load cut up today, minus one 40” diameter poplar log which I just moved to the mix pile.
I’m only a few minutes from Jeff and neither of us are that close to Lakewood...45 minutes or so and I don’t know the cause of the fire but...
The news said our air was more dry than the air in Death Valley today
We don’t get a lot of dry days like this one, especially this time of year but this is great for drying firewood. Today is the second in a row...
Another day and another truck load in.
3 out of 4 is t bad. Did t comment on the last log because I did t even notice it. Haha. Black gum- throw that crap right back in the woods!
Sycamore, sassafras, persimmon, ash
I can smell it from here...mmm!
I’ve had a bunch of their IPAs and that’s a brewery that just doesnt so it for me
For me it’s like, shoot where am I going to tell them to drop the next load of logs
I would imagine pecan is pretty heavy/dense?
Have 5 different piles I’m in the process of building at the moment. I don’t like to do that but it happened due to how/where logs got dropped off...
Been around 2 weeks since we’ve had any rain here in south Jersey and it’s been great. Ground is nice and firm
I'm 6'2" so not as tall as some of you in here but I'm used to being one of the taller guys in the room. When we go to crowded places like ball...