I also remember standing on logs while dad bucked them and the vibration of the saw tickled my feet.
Nice job getting it down safely. Fond memories of my childhood when dad cut trees down and I'd be climbing all over them.
I do but it was gnarly, random cut, and some had rot/ants IIRC.
It is now! :D One trunk of the two I cut had thorns. Most seen in my area are of the thornless hybrid variety and are landscape trees. First...
Procured a new honey hole last weekend. More storm downed trees, limbs and clean up wood from August 2020 storms in the area. With rain...
Thats the FHC spirit! :salute: Stacks are looking mighty fine LP. If you hoard more wood you'll have less grass to mow...just a thought!...
Well they are back on there normal full time hours. If I had the time I would haunt there for wood as its not out of the way nor is the North...
It was Wallingford actually not far from you. Behind the old Food Bag (now Citgo) on Quinnipiac St. The lot is owned by Citgo and the work was...
I cant help but admire how nice those logs are. I've never paid for firewood (other than blood, sweat and hard work), but with those id be very...
Sort of. Id be :mad: :hair: :headbang: rather than :tears: Been there done that many a time!:emb: Did the stack sink or from uneven drying BC...
Couple loads of honey locust from this week.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Stopped at both local dumps to throw away some old pallets and a load of brush. Nothing for the taking. New company running the one where I...
Does it have the thorns? Don't recall ever seeing you cut HL. Not that common down there?
X2
Yes it will gradually weather like other woods. I have another cord from last Summer and half cord from May 2022 i'll see if can get pics of.
It is pretty wood no doubt.
At least it wasn't weeping willow! :D Nice grab!
Split the second load from yesterday right off the truck this afternoon. [ATTACH] Had a little extra time and stacked half of it in the new rack...
Didnt hit metal or ceramics from the looks of it. Guess you're not kidding when you said junk yard. Some nice rounds BTW! Id go through the...
I realized that when I got some on a rain check. It rang up higher...a lot higher and the cashier called the manager over and I got it for the...