I did. I normally make half cord racks and fill as its the capacity of my 8' bed PU. Pics of splits in my truck are usually a half cord.
What species? A machete works great on ivy.
Boxelder. Red steaks in the heartwood are the giveaway.
I tried squirrel stew once. I'm thinking it was made from all male squirrels as it had a nutty flavor to it. :eek: :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
Nice find. I enjoyed the thread too. A few of mine were the same...to up my total. I made a list of woods that were common around here that...
Good stuff there. I've only come across one pecan tree around here and it evidently was planted in a back yard. Told the homeowner if they ever...
Guess they were smart enough to not split it back then too! :D :axe:
Same goes for FBM folks around here too! :nerd:
Does it take 96 to make a decent meal? :D
I could send some snakes your way Cash! :D They love free range mice!:beerbbq:
I'll assume he wanted too much extra to gift wrap it? :D Great to hear from you again RNC! :handshake: Your absence was noticed. Very nice...
I've had gray squirrels take up residence in stacks. Never have run into one while unstacking luckily.
Spent a full day there yesterday bucking. 500, 460, & 400 in action. Random hardwoods, mostly oak, red maple, hickory. I did get the last...
I know the feeling. :loco: :crazy: Ain't it great!:banana: :woodsign:
Glad to help! :handshake: Part of what I enjoy about being a member here. Hang around and get educated. I thought I knew a lot, but have...
This was the sourwood that was IDed here. It was in the Summer so easier to ID Here's the full thread Mystree #2 [IMG]
The split texture reminds me of Bradford pear buts its not. If it were cottonwood the axe would've buried itself like splitting a block of clay....
Great gifts!
Post pics please! :D That barkless BL is some hard stuff!
:p