Yes, I am blessed with a great career ( it allows me to buy land and chainsaws) and a great location for "wood" from standing timber, to fallen...
I stopped by my local Stihl shop and picked up a 20" bar and chain for my impending porting job on my 261CM. It will be very interesting to see...
Get on that dead fork soon. I'm no pro, but it seems like cherry seems to rot way too easy and way too fast. Then again, if it kills the tree,...
Yeah, I hate killing cherries, but they are first generation successional type trees, so a lot of them don't make it. I found a real nice, tall,...
Progress report: Wood bucked and loaded in the pickup. Quality over quantity. Notice the redrot in the round at the lower left at the tip of the...
Wood handles are very nice. Lighter and have more spring.
Thanks. Sounds familiar. We have been coveting this property ever since we moved here about 7 yr. ago. Finally went on the market at a fair...
You are correct sir. Stihl = Logrite painted orange. I have a 48" and 60" Xtreme duty. The 60 X is very heavy, so I use the 48 standard most of...
Yep, that's about right. We were out cleaning up a trail for us and the dogs to walk on. There some nice old white oaks, black birch and plenty...
Thanks. LOVE the 361.
Found this rub about 50 yds farther down the trail and a real big, fresh scrape another 50 yds further. [ATTACH]
Yep, they all seem to grow in a spiral/corkscrew pattern. The big, old, straight ones are mostly up on the Allegheny Plateau, NW PA.
Ahem... That guy is my wife!:doh: Trust me, she was well out of the way when I dropped it. Even though everything went to plan, I did have to...
Tomorrow, buck and split.
Me and my MS361 cut down this cherry tree today. We just closed on 6 more acres adjacent to us on Friday and the first order of business was...
Get in line today. It will come up faster than you think. Just got a spot for my 261CM after getting my 461 back...
yes, they have grease holes.
Absolutely!
Great saws you picked up.! Get that 461 ported ASAP, sir!