Speaking of GB axes, I just finished my workout splitting my cherry and ash rounds this afternoon with my GB large splitting axe. I have a...
Heck yes! But, I have to admit that I have a highly unnatural affection for sharp steel tools in my woodworking shop, firewood stack, kitchen,...
You suck!
Hmmm... Still waiting. Better fire up the reindeer SS. Just sayin'
Yeah, I missed that. To the OP, get the biggest pro, metal cased saw you can afford from a reputable brand. Then... Have at it! I wish I had...
Please don't get caught up in the "pro" vs. "home owner" rhetoric. Pro saws generally designed for 4-8 hrs/day usage and have metal cases and...
Hey, Secret Santa. I would LOVE some CIGARS. My wife hates them, but if I were to get them from SS, she's got no defense.!!!!! I know this is...
Stihl 60cc, MS36x (I have an MS361) saws are absolutely GREAT for a single saw for the average firewooder. It pulls a 20+" B&C with ease in the...
As mentioned. There are several plastic cased (non-pro) saws that would absolutely fill your needs at MUCH less $$$. Don't overlook these...
"A 14"-16" bar will be enough for many, many trees on my property. I want good power and low weight so I can work a longer time before getting...
Good JuJu heading your way.
Google on the internets is your friend. There are many lovely examples of DIY and production pick/hookaroons. I have a Logrite, and it works...
Welcome aboard, mate.
Welcome. We LOVE PICS!
P.S. The tree I was dealing with was both a heavy forward leaner and on a side hill across the lean and subsequently turned out to be rotten....
42*F, burning fuel oil. After last year's ridiculous spike in price in the Northeast I was awful jealous of you wood burners. I'm happy to see...
I chose to bore cut because of a heavy lean. In this case, I think the it saved my bacon. I think this tree would have really exploded with a...
Here's my tool cabinet, more woodworking than machine/metal. Made from freebee "short" scraps from a local lumber mill. He was going to burn...
I'm not a formal firewood hoarder, since I only burn wood for fun out back in the fire ring at my place. My furnace is oil and my fireplace is...
Actually, she's fine with it (but I'm not sure she knows how dangerous this could have been). She is also a bit of a tom boy. In fact, later...