Takes longer to split than ash, too
Been burning mostly Ash. I should've said it takes longer than that ;)
Your last pic is beech. Good stuff. Takes awhile to dry, though
Don't know. They rarely get bigger than 8" in diameter here before they die
That stuff is the gold standard around here. There's just not enough of it and it doesn't get very big before it dies.
Your old gasket will work if it's not beat up. Or you can assemble it using a sealant like motoseal. But you' have to check your squishband to...
Did he in fact sell you mismatched chains and a bar? Or were you actually not quite balancing the saw correctly?
Very possible.
Weird that the cuts are straight, just on an angle. May need to adjust the sights :D
I think I finally have enough for this year [ATTACH]
So how long did it end up taking him to split it all?
Don't know. Never heard of a failure I guess. Some of the finest builders I know grind 10 or 15 grams back out of the piston to lighten it back up.
I didn't, lol. I wasn't wishing one of them things on anyone
Pretty much hafta do it all from in the bed anyway. Bed is 7' wide. I throw 10 blocks in and hop up and stack it. I'm only cutting 3 miles from...
390 and a 395
I still remember quite well ol' Mrs Warner dragging me out of the 4th grade classroom by my ear. Woman had a death grip on me. Marched me right to...
No. Never heard of that. What probably happened was, on the downstroke, the rings hung on the exhaust floor and busted the top of the piston off....
I have some. Lol. I'm tired when it's full now
I think you're exactly right
Time to fire up that 261 and break 'er in