Some of the trunks get some bizarre shapes. Never have seen a heart one before. Sliced a bunch of cookies and oldest stepdaughter used them for...
:handshake: :rofl: :lol:
Youre a brave man hand splitting elm and I commend you for doing it. :salute: :tip:
Must be really strong! :whistle: Lucky burner for sure!
Yup elm for sure
X2
Is the BTU rating the same as on the FHC chart as "olive"? Firewood BTU & Drying Chart
HUH! Cant say I've ever seen one. Does have a catalpa color though. Pictured in my PU [IMG]
Catalpa maybe. Heartwood color and grain texture look right. Although the first pic doesn't look like any I've seen before. The wood will be...
The thought of ash crossed my mind. Couldn't tell if there is a center pith or not. Does either the black or blue variety have the center pith?
Thanks Jeff. Gonna cut another load of beech either tomorrow or Saturday. Tomorrow's delivery takes me by there. And those big logs sure do...
Gives new meaning to hitting metal with the saw. Some nice stuff to put the saw to though.
Not worth the effort for the low btu's? Far enough ahead? Be fun to buck a few rounds off the bottom just for chits and giggles. Kinda makes me...
Up until 3.5 years ago I stubbornly too split by hand until a full time hydro splitter became available to me. I do use the Isocore maul to...
Tree one is white oak. Great btu's, splits pretty easily, but needs multiple years to dry to optimal moisture content. It can be burned after a...
Ive seen doves fluffed up like that in the bitter cold here. Somewhere I have a pick of one all puffed up.
Is that a mourning dove?
I had the same thought.
Holy cow that's a biggun. What's to become of the wood? Compost?