How was the weight of the splits vs when it was fresh cut? IIRC they do like wet environments to grow in.
Do you make any firewood this time of year Joe?
I had a cat I named "Donny" (he was named after Donald Trump, but it was in 2001) that loved to be out when I was working the woodpile. He'd...
Gotcha. Pretty sure I'm gonna try the chicken wire once the last stack is finished. How are your pens holding up?
Thank you sir! :handshake: Yeah some of the repurposed and cull lumber isn't the easiest to work with. I keep telling myself its just to keep...
Partway into stacking today I realized I did a dum dum thing!!! :emb: I should've set the rafters to have the roofing strapping nailed in place...
One of my favorite wood smells. Actually wouldn't mind a score of it even though I hate the wait for it to dry.
Now that you mention it, I don't see you scrounge a lot of red maple.
I love it. My holy grail score. I think kitty approved too! Make it a hedge scratching post. Made my cats one out of a cedar log years back....
I meant straight logs like the ones you routinely cut. I shouldve worded it better. Its hit or miss with red maple around here. Comes straight...
Yes, but I got the studs for free! :) Guides the stacks as its filled. Probably posted them in your "wood related scrounges" thread.
Even with a ruler and chalk its not easy either.
Mingo marker. Roll it along a log and it paints a mark at a predetermined length so rounds are uniform. Rather popular among some FHCers. I...
Nice find on the saw and the maple. How many saws in your arsenal now?
Load #4 cut today. All beech. With cold and snow cover I haven't felt like cutting here. 4-5 more rounds off the big trunk and a couple off...
That got my attention. :binoculars: Please tell me the dog climbed up there on his own? Looks like you have a bit more snow there than here....
Good question. The first time i recall seeing multi wall pipe is when my mom put in a free standing fireplace in the house she bought after my...
If you saw what he did you be appalled. Rigged up with a piece of sheet rock that has a big char on it. Pipe with coat hangers IIRC. A box fan...
Great neighbor. Nice that its propped off the ground. Always a plus in my book.
My landlord lives in the house below us. Smoke always pouring out of his chimney. His stove is a beat up leaky thing and if you saw it you would...