Cool. Thanks again. I'm thinking BrianK's log arch and the ATV is the place to start. I'll let you know if we need more muscle.
Awesome, wha' 'cha doing next weekend?
30 Hp tractor would work fine. Friend was able to skid one of the smaller logs with his ATV and rope. Maybe we can get the rest that way? If...
A friend and I have some medium(14-17") cherry logs we would like to saw into lumber but don't have a way to skid them. Anyone interested in...
395 vs. 660/661 is apples to oranges to me. 395 will always be heavier and have more cc's and more power. If I needed max power regardless of...
17078
[IMG]
Over the last 7 years I've managed to get up to 5 saws, 6 bar lengths, 7 dl's, 2 pitches, 2 guages, full chisel, semi-chisel, square, no skip,...
I was talking about firewoodin' with my dad recently. He remembered "Going out in the woods with my buddy and coming back with the back seat full...
Thanks a bunch for all the "real world" feedback. Makes life interesting for me. Thankfully, I've got 6+ mo. to decide.
The Heritage at my local dealer has the drop down side door, plus he's taking $300 of the stove MSRP and 20% off the pipe with install. Ashford...
Oh yeah brother! That's the way I like it, uh huh, uh huh. I made some venison pasties last year and they were great, but I like that your ratio...
Unfortunately, I can't get the wife to like the looks of the stoves except the PH, especially not the steel plate stoves. She likes the...
Actually I only need the smaller size. Heating ~1500 as feet. I just like the idea if the hybrid system.
Thoughts? Good, bad, ugly. WS PH looks perfect for us, but we REALLY want to put a clear/glass spark arrestor only under our stove. HS Heritage...
They accidentally sent me a 72 dl Stihl 33RSL chain when I ordered an 84 dl chain. The 72dl is fine for my 20" bar so I didn't notice. However,...
We have a beautiful, figured walnut floor where we want to put a stove. We don't want to hide this beautiful floor. So, stoves that require...
That totally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! We've got an older rototiller with a Tecumseh motor an it, too, absolutely rocks! Sorry to hear that they were...
Definitely look for a good quality used. Even if it is from a shop that trades in a resells, it's going to be a better value than purchasing new....
I was lucky enough to pick up a used Ariens with 8 HP Tecumseh from my local farm store/small engine shop (<$400). It doesn't have electric start...