Like Scotty said, definitely be careful of rot on any tree, especially leaners. This rotten leaner nearly "got" me, even with a shallow open...
Thanks, yeah, I excel at "overthinking" stuff, especially when I'm stuck inside by work and weather and start to get cabin fever.
Will do. Thanks a bunch!!! This is why FHC rules.
Put a very open and shallow notch on the compression side. Like 100-120 degrees. Bore cut if you can or back cut very carefully and get the heck...
I would strongly suggest finding someone with a Woodmizer or similar bandsaw mill for anything less than 24-30" diam., especially, if you want to...
My first thought is Maple, too, but as you said, if it's been down for a while and it it clearly starting to lose bark and there are no leaves, it...
Jet Jr. Thanks again. BrianK is stopping by with his arch. I'll keep in touch if that doesn't work out.
Jr
EXACTLY! We've had a couple dozen chickens for over 7 years now, no problems. Store at room temp up to a month. In many other countries, eggs...
Welcome! You've managed to get some great offers so far.
My friend's wife is Vet and she actually knows a couple who have logging horses with all the tack/equipment for skidding, but, they live way too...
Vancouver Island is such a unique place. I'm jealous. Wife and I had some vacation time there split between Bamfield (awesome) and Tofino...
"really nobody to blame but me," Pete Carroll. I'm not a fan of coach Carroll , but, this is exactly what a true "leader" does. He/she takes...
Great thread. Love the practical real world. For more precise calculations, refer to Hoadley, "Understanding Wood." As a wood worker, who takes...
Cool. This thread has been much more fun than I thought. I think I'll be building a dray in the near future.
Sweet rig, BS!
Got into the canned spaghetti sauce and frozen venison burger yesterday. We've got lot of tomatoes, plain, marinara, Mexican spiced, etc. Lot's...
Head Coach always takes final responsibility for that choice, good or bad.
Pete Carroll choked with that crazy call.
I love the scrap hood idea. I'm definitely going to use that in the future.:yes: