7 pin sprocket, 16", 0.325, 0.050 bar and RS chain. I've got a 20" bar and chains, too, but haven't gotten to try them out yet.
I just got done cleaning and oiling my axes and maul, and cleaning up my chainsaw from my work today. Great way to relax.
Saw was really amazing. Cut that oak like butter. I had my ported MS461 ready to go, but never needed it. I was done before I knew it. Saw...
Split some red oak today. Maul worked awesome! I was splitting 18" long 12-14" diameter red oak. Got most splits with just one swing.
Stacking to follow... First chance to unleash my freshly ported MS261cm on a nice red oak, 30+ ft long 12-14" diameter. The tree had been down,...
TRUTH brutha! We are very "hands off" keepers. Some people call it "lazy." We call it "organic.":D
Woodrat - More power to you! I do the same. Last winter we had a massive, like 25+" dbh white oak with very full crown fall across the lane to...
43 cord is WAY more than a 3 yr plan:faint:. If we put in a stove this Fall, I may be hitting you up for a small purchase(?) to get get me...
Planning to buck and skid next weekend. Will let you all know
thx
Cool posts!!! My wife and I visited Vancouver and Vancouver Island in late March several years ago. I was amazing how the ocean moderates the...
Great thread! I met my wife winter camping in a quinzee snow shelter at -10*F (not wind chill, just thermometer temp). We've been together over...
Thanks. I've been expurimintin' with RSL chains. They will need filing/fine tuning shortly.
Sorry to be lazy and read through all 28 pages of this thread. I need recommendations on files for square chain. Thanks.
She's a keeper! My lovely bride is too.
Double dang! A Wetterlings splitting maul showed up on my doorstep. :thumbs: God, I love sharp hand tools. FWIW, the fit and finish on my GB...
Great job. That sled looks so cool for a woods beater.
BTW, it would have cost a less and taken about half the time if we were just flitch sawing or cant sawing. The QS process takes alot of extra...
Scotty, I have to say, it's way easier, clean, faster and cheaper to hire out a guy with a portable mill or take the logs to a local sawyer than...
Nice work!