MS461 and yes the orange dogs are the ones from Ebay.
The peeling bark had me thinking birch at first, too. Definitely cherry though. We have lots of black birch here, and it definitely didn't look...
I've been using some Memphis Ninja Flex gloves I got off of the sale rack at TreeStuff.com, I think. They are very comfortable and have lasted...
Not sad. We're happy he found us and brought us joy in his final days. I like to think he appreciated us too.
Yep, this was a healthy tree, but the heartwood was really anemic. Not normal for around hear either.
Today, I discovered that 16" = 40 cm. Why does this matter? I'm cutting my firewood 16" and I'm not good at guessing, so I use a Spencer tape....
C & S this cherry today. It got knocked over on the back of out property sometime in the last month or two. I hate to loose a cherry from my...
, That's fine, too. She can fuss with them as much as she wants or as little as she wants. They will take care of themselves either way. Just...
Sounds like a great plan! Hoping to get some trigger time in today, too.
In contrast, I would recommend jumping in now. They really are fun and low maintenance. Once you get some you will never look back. Remember...
It was a bad winter for everyone. A friend of mine lost 39 of 40 hives!
Installed 4 new packages/hives of bees. Extracted some honey from 2 hives that froze this winter. [IMG] [IMG]
4 packages installed in dead outs today. We left all the bodies with honey, pollen and drawn comb. We also extracted 2 supers of honey left over...
Holy smokes! Glad to hear you got through relatively unscathed. Waiting for pictures from you autopsy of the 395. That sucks.
[IMG] This is Frankie. He came to us about a month ago for "fostering" until he could be re-homed. Unfortunately, it soon became obvious that he...
Love our fox. Even though he certainly picks off some of our chickens, his main diet is mice and other vermin. We have bad Lyme disease here,so...
I have 4 packages coming in tomorrow. We will see how they do thus year...
Yeah, if they aren't lasting 3+ yrs, they are not worth it.
Do you really need "quality tarps" for covering firewood? To me, I want the cheapest option available for this usage. Almost anything should be...
Flame suit on...