Let me know if you want any help. I'm only 1.5 hrs away. If SWMBO is cool with it, I could swing by. However, I spent 8 hrs helping another...
The very best memories from my grandmother's place. She raise a tremendous crop of delicious rhubarb every year. We've been trying to raise some...
Yes, my favorite resource.
http://www.amazon.com/UNDERSTANDING-WOOD-2nd-EDITION-Hoadley/dp/B000UQH160 Good starting place.
I've got a homeowner string trimmer with the steel brush cutter blade. It works well on raspberry and multiflora rose. However, you are talking...
Skil saw and a straight edge will make quick work of it.
Yep. You will need to rip the pith out of the slab or it will do very bad things. This will leave you with 2 perfectly qs pieces that should dry...
Great stuff there! You didn't include the pith in the 10/4 slab did you?
Crazy tree huggers in Ann Arbor: http://www.npr.org/2014/10/26/358965309/lifted-on-giant-inner-tubes-an-old-tree-moves-in-michigan P.S. That's my...
I have this Craftsman kit http://www.sears.com/craftsman-compression-test-kit-used-for-automotive-motorcycle/p-00947089000P
Wow! Looks great. Real skirt steak. Very authentic.
This size is also good for furniture, carving etc. It can also be resawn into 5/4 stock later on as needed.
At least 10/4 . I'd probably add 1/8th or so for shrinking during drying. The hardest part will be waiting 3 yrs while they dry... it goes...
Cool! Our weather looks much better today. Can't wait to see the results. My vote is cut thick enough for gunstocks if you don't have any other...
KBB is useless. Edmunds is better but not perfect. Check your local car auction for the real value in real time.
I'm thinking pass this time. I've got plenty to work on on my own property right now. Also, my colleague is a bit fussy so I don't want to deal...
A colleague of mine is having a 30+ inch dbh tulip removed from his yard. Is it worth spending my time scrounging this or should I continue to...
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. There will be alot of opinions on here about various brands and makes of saws. Try not to get hung up...
Near my old digs.
CLASSIC!