All I have to say is: "IT HURT!"
In my extremely novice experience... My stock MS461 was beast, pulled 32" RS full comp. o.k. and RSF like butter in 30+" white oak. I would not...
[IMG] My bird last year. I was holding up the gun (my friend's 11-87) for at least 20 minutes while this gobbler came in over a ridge and hung up...
Only 20 yrs ;-)
Spring gobbler season starts Saturday, May 2nd, here in PA. I've been out pattern a new gun/choke/shells. I think I'm dialed in... [IMG] Wish...
Actually, Turkeys love to eat ticks, up to 200/bird/day according to one source. Chickens are even more voracious for ticks and any other small...
Good call on the MS461. It's a classic. I really like mine with the plain-Jane 25" Stihl ES bar. However, I do have a 20" Tsumura and a 32" ES,...
Sweet looking BTU's man.:thumbs: Ever think about moving your stacks a foot or so away from the wall to increase air circulation, says the total...
Today, I put in a couple hours splitting some oak that was in my pile of rounds, maybe 1/2 cord. I'm finally over 3 cord. 2 of faster drying...
Yeah, that's how we look at them. As you know we are in "hot zone" for tick and Lyme disease. Our chickens take care of them around the house....
Sorry to hear about that. My wife is a vegetarian, but totally supports me shooting and eating deer. No problems there, thank goodness.
I believe I will plant a the rest of the landing as a food plot for the local wildlife. They have alot of forest with acorn and beech nuts, but...
I've got a couple friends with serious tractors. Just have to get them over here. I think I might also get a load of topsoil to fill in the ruts...
This work area is actually the landing area from when this property was logged 3 yrs ago. We just bought the land last year. Very convenient and...
Thanks for following up. We got most of them out. Got a log arch for the bigger ones. My buddy with the cherry logs got sidetracked clearing a...
Lovin' my new Bearcat 22 ton. Haven't used it vertical yet, but, kicks butt horizontal. I've got some bigger rounds to split tomorrow.
Anyone else notice the MMWS stickers on the saw in the foreground????????????????
Hoping for a dry and windy summer/fall this year to get this wood ready to burn. I've been trying to get it into smaller 3-4" splits to help the...
It a dead oak. Been on my hit list for a while now. It will be in the stacks sooner than later.
[IMG] As you all know, I'm gearing up to burn a wood stove next season to reduce our oil consumption. Here's my C/S/S area (I've got another...