Got a response this morning for my smoker wood on FBM. Guy wanted 3 cherry, 3 apple and 4 oak. He drove 45 minutes as we met up at noon at a...
Pretty common around here as a yard planting and the only "wild" grown ones I see are urban trees that sprout and grow unchecked in abandoned lots...
Working my score yesterday when a guy stops by asking about the wood. Turns out he lived a block away and wanted some for his smoker. I struck...
I had scored a good sized silver maple years back that I couldn't hand split and ended up noodling it into chunks. IIRC I bucked them shorter to...
Great group of folks on here. We love pics here so be sure to post lots of them. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
Welcome to the FHC :handshake:
Woo Hoo! I was just making tea and there was a downy on the hummingbird feeder. It seemed like it was drinking nectar. H bird flew in and...
Some serious staining there. Only once I cut oak that was like that. Sux about the splitter. Suppose it could've been worse.
Silver Maple that is. Same location as my A Thorn in my Side score. Got a text yesterday saying they started taking them down. Postponed from...
I actually like that movie! :emb:
Nothing wrong with dorking around looking for firewood. What model top handle? Handy little saws.
Amen to that!. :salute: Harley replacement looks like more fun! :quad:
Welcome to the FHC. Great to have you!:handshake:
Im in the kitchen a few minutes ago. Back door is open and I hear a familiar "ick"...RBG call. Minute later it lands on the feeder. She was all...
I studied the pics of that trunk and doesn't look like a whole lot of rot. Plus it appears it will generate some decent splits. I hate gnarly...
Prior to them becoming regulars here in the past few years I had seen one maybe once or twice before. Should be any day now they return. Ill...
Actually its kinda rare for my hips to bother me luckily. Hope I didn't jinx myself.
:rofl: :lol: :cool:
As ive aged and learned ( I see were the same age) to section up big rounds for ease of handling and saving my back. Especially sugar maple which...
It isnt. In a controlled area i might attack it. For chits and giggles i might attempt it, but her being an hour from me is another obstacle....