Hard to resist cutting with a big log in your yard. Gonna end up with some sweet firewood. From the looks of it some will be ready for the...
Added to the stack of maple rounds. Red & sugar from a couple other scores plus two loads from this cut. Started a fourth row. Close to two...
How is the quality of the wood Mike? From the looks of your pics there is very little if any punk.
How nice it is to have woods on/bordering your properties. Great to be able to "return it to the Earth" as my late mother used to say.
Mother nature provides. How common is wild grown pecan in your area? Do you have to take the other tree down?
Maybe if you ask nicely theyll let you try it out. :whistle: :saw:
Got it now! Usually I can figure them out.
Always fun to watch them in action. The neighbor down the driveway had some oaks removed yesterday. I heard the saws. I asked and could've...
Ding, ding, ding!!! WE have a winner! No leaves on them yet. WAG??? couldn't figure that one out. Most I see are on the gnarly side growing...
Nope, just drones!!! :bug: :rofl: :lol:
Heck he even recognized route 2 when I was cutting out your way! Plus he had the inside scoop about this score before I cut it!
I wasn't that impressed with the work the company he subcontracted it out to did. Rather hastily cut and felled. A cheap job maybe? Didn't...
The wood weight and texture is very similar to sassafras IMO. First time I cut one I actually thought it was a variety of sassafras until FHC...
Do box elder leaves look like maple leaves?
He will. Most of their work is in the immediate area. He said he would give me a 2-3 day heads up for me to check it out. Honestly don't think...
Thanks. Are you still selling bundles?
Good question? Seems they list logs from their cuts on FBM. Kid mentioned his father takes some. Not sure how he will dispose of the gnarly...
Time for a few clues. More or less a "weed" tree. Not pursued for its wood as its low BTU. Usually grows crooked/twisted.
Second trip this afternoon. Tree guy made a mess cutting/trying to cut up what's on the ground. Pics before I started. Couple face cords heaping...
[ATTACH]