Yeah it's an awesome day down here too Middle upper 60s and sunny. Almost too hot actually. Can't wait to get outta work and do some stuff...
Yep slowly but surely by hand. I'll use my dad's splitter at their house and then I'll borrow it to do that pile of ash. It was a big yard tree...
I don't think it's maple anymore.
More update pics. I'd say I'm about 90% through splitting this oak.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]while I've been splitting this I also gathered this from the...
Maybe red maple? Idk if the bark gets the furrowed or not?
I'd be curious if anyone here has tried one like this. Would love to hear about it.
Here are mine. Red trailer is 5'x8' with a 6000lb axle. The other is 4'x8' with a 1500lb axle.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Here's a cold start stack for my stove. Notice the kindling in the front. [ATTACH] This would be about a 4 hour burn at about 30°F.
Been looking for a bandsaw too.
Ooh I've been looking!!!! Nothing close so far but I'll keep my eyes open.
That's mainly what I'm looking for, is woods to do small projects with for birthdays and holidays and such. I was thinking I was going to save...
Count the number of needles in the cluster. 3=red 5=white. The number of needles corresponds with the number of letters. That's about the extent...
This one looks really marbled.[ATTACH]allot of this wood looks pretty sweet!!! I'm gonna have a hard time turning it into firewood.
Chinese elm is very close to but not the same flakes. I learned something new today. Didn't know Chinese elm before today.
Sycamore!!!
Fanatical1 that's what I wanted to hear!!! I'll be going back to see what's left and I'll be paying attention as I split through the pile.
The Wood Wolverine this is the kind of information I'm looking for. Never would have thought to use dye. Looks like you have quite the pile...
The Wood Wolverine it was your tool handle thread that got me looking for this. Do you think this would turn out similar to yours?
What is this used for?
I had to go out and cut one. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]