Here's my latest. Not quite finished but finished for the evening. They are going to be candle stick holders. The wood is spalted beech....
Forgot to mention that its supposed to be a file handle once it's finished.
I thought I'd start a thread just for showing off turning projects and the like. There seams to be done interest so we'll see how it goes....
Well here it is finished. Turned out alright. Will need more practice though. [ATTACH]
Wow!!! Idk if I would want to be near it while it's spinning let alone inside it.
It's amazing how easy they make it look!!!!
The Wood Wolverine. File handles were the one thing I forgot!!! Yes I have a faceplate and a chuck. My original plan was to turn bowls for...
Yeah that was next on her list. I'll have to order some stuff. Plus I still need to learn allot.
Got any other ideas for simple things that don't require hardware?
Well this isn't curly but it is ash. First time turning on the lathe. I ask the girlfriend what she would like. Only thing she could come up...
Yes Shawn Curry!!! I love some PBS. Lol.
Yeah that's what I've been doing too and reading allot. I looked up my local woodturning club. Check out woodturner.org and see if there's a...
Finally went and got the lathe from my dad. Here it is. [ATTACH]now to practice some before since of this ash. If anyone knows anything about...
Not much fun. [ATTACH]nothing worse than that sight. Yours has a brighter side that it has been stacked for so long. Mine was just stacked a...
I'm wrong. I should really look before I post.
Hickory? Idk. You're way south of me. For around here that'd be my guess.
Photo links are broken for me. No pictures show up.
Some more update pictures. Gotta outta work early today and got some stacking done. 4.5x23ft long. Probably will end up with about 2 cord total....
This is what I've found also. Most of those wedges will never start in the round without a cut made by a saw. They will have a tendency to pop...
Sounds like the same thing my girl friend was going though. They said hers was sinusitis. She got some antibiotics too and is finally starting...