Ok kinda what I figured. Idk how you would get them flat without some sort of mill. Maybe free hand might be good enough for what it is. You...
Is this picture viewed from the top or the front?
You'll have to excuse my my lack of knowledge but how can you tell?
It's frustrating having things crack and warp. I haven't started sawing lumber yet so I have no clue your level of frustration but it sucks on...
Here are the finished candle sticks I gave my mom for mother's day. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Here's the newest. Curly ash. Bowl is about 2"deep and 7"around. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I will second ash and pine in the first and red oak in the second. Can't say about the mulberry in the first picture though. I've never cut any.
WoodovenAT how about some more pics. Maybe a cleaner cut end grain and maybe a better pic of one split open? After looking at your first pics...
What would you consider "standard" mix? At that time I was instructed to run 50:1 and did. I've sense gone to between 36 and 40 but usually...
I'm not sure what it is besides a red oak of some sort. All pin oak I've gotten has split hard or harder than red. Here's some pics of red oak...
So I have a story about using klotz in a brand new chainsaw. I bought my first house about 3 years ago and the yard needed cleaning up. So I...
Dumping wood with bark is nowhere near as messy as a load of 2x scraps.
Here's my latest. Made outta ash. It's about 3"x3". Blo finish. It'll be a mother's day present for my girlfriend's grandmother. I'm going to...
Ok. I was looking for it in the upper bar on the page. That way you can see and get to it from any page.
I'm having trouble finding reviews on my phone. Where are they located?
Thanks for the info. Sounds right up my alley.
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to make some furniture. Need more tools first.
gboutdoors mind if I ask about the winch? Brand and lengths of pulls, speed? I'm looking to get something similar to yours just on the lower...
First try at a bowl. Got in a hurry and the gouge kept grabbing. Never did get a good surface on the outside. The inside would have been...
that's a great idea! Haven't seen that idea yet. May have to save it till closer to winter though.