Yep, but it's not an issue as I have plenty of room to the left of the window. There are jacks under the window, however.:thumbs: Didn't even...
I should be able to use a small drill or an awl to poke around for the bottom rafter cord. Yep, I'm not touching anything until I know the exact...
Top left pic......the two stud bays are approx. 2' OC, while the rest of the waoll is sotra' 16" OC.
Oh man, the rafters are a WHOLE NOTHER issue. A couple are 24" OC, but some are more. I'll have to figure out where they are . Here's another...
I know this is gonna' sound like a Mr. Obvious statement, but......you're doing something wrong. On the positive side, you get a new saw and a...
Yep. Just as in the stove room, there's no plywood in the header. If I use a 2X10, it may end up all the way up to the plate. That'll mess up the...
Good morning Mistah Patience. :D Long day yesterday. Drywall's off (LOVE the mess that creates.......not) and I'm cogitatin' on my next move. I...
Oh, remorseful don't mean I'm givin' up. I have a tow strap and an older Jeep. That wall ain't got a snowball's chance in heck.:dremel:
At this particular point in time, I'm beginning to regret opening up this wall. Same thing happens every time I open up a wall here. Wall openers...
Um, yeah, I know that. :picard::rofl: :lol: Ceiling tiles will compress under the pressure, so I'll need to get creative, methinks. No, I'm not...
There's a 2X8 up there right now, but I could fit a 2X10 w/o issue and still have small cripplers to run wiring to the other side of door. 2X8...
Hey Dvscott , welcome aboard. I can't offer anything re: inside kindling, as my dogs turn it into mulch if I have it next to the stove. Mulch in...
Those windows soak up the sun and cause the living room to turn into an oven in the afternoon :hair:. The new doorwall will keep a lot of the UV...
Yep, I can make this a 6' (72") or whatever up to almost 12' (if I wanted to completely rebuild the wall). One of the original ideas was to make...
So, Eric, since you've been so patient :rofl: :lol:, here's a pic of the siding............and the windows. [ATTACH]
Oh heck yeah, but................... Wifely unit would have me strung up by my.............fingernails. :D:pain: Very slightly smaller stove that...
Interesting it is. What, no patience? :rofl: :lol: Outside is aluminum siding, which is getting pulled and replaced with PVC siding that...
Lots more will be happenin' before too long. Now, where's my tannerite?:rofl: :lol: Trying to find a 7' wide door. Special order may be in order.
We've been wanting to put a slider/patio door in the west wall of the living room for a while (and I've hated this wall since moving in) and so...
Hey, welcome aboard Raquel. They should change the name to better reflect pricing,.....something like wickedexpensivefirewood.:dex: I think I'd...