Sealing the left and right inner burn plates. The air wash and secondary air run in those angled channels on the plates. The cement was cracked...
Three different stores and no one has stove cement yet. :mad: This will have to wait until tomorrow. [ATTACH]
I made a few jars of half sour garlic spear pickles and processed them in the canner. They all sealed fine, but after a few days the lids...
Oh boy. I bet you don't borrow a cup of sugar from them.
Very nice set up. I wish I could see my bench top.:rofl: :lol:
[ATTACH]
Great pictures of a beautiful area! I'd be curious of the history of the door. The raised panels are pretty uneven like they were hand planed....
7 quarts of sauce done. Ran out of sugar to make more Maine blueberry jam. [ATTACH] Next weekend will be more grape jelly, tomato jam and maybe...
National No. 7, oldie but goodie. Holding nicely at 10 psi. Packed with 7 quarts of tomato meat sauce. :drool: [ATTACH]
Thanks for the kind words everyone. It is encouragement to work on other projects like this. Life sort of gets in the way of these creative...
Good project that you could tackle yourself. I've removed the assembly a few times before for cleaning and it is not easy. Awkward angle and...
We are at about 57, rainy and dismal today. Time to try the new to me Lodge dutch oven. Fired the oven with pine and then maple. I prepped the...
Grape jelly is done. The Mrs. is making tomato sauce in the back. Hoping for 6 quarts at least. The house smells great today. I have to check...
I was cleaning the workbench the other day and found a turkey feather that I set aside for fly tying. Years ago, I used to carve song birds...
Haha. I was thinking square cut nails earlier.
Good points. It seems to be a fine line to get the secondaries lit without closing it back too much causing a smoulder. If curious if anyone...
I like them as they are. I think other nice variations would be sanded drawer fronts with rough cut pulls. It would break up the plane of rough...
Not that I'm hoping for a crappy day tomorrow, but I have some great indoor projects planned. Maybe a fire if needed.
:eek: :thumbs:
Supposed to be rainy tomorrow, so I have a chicken going in the mud oven in a dutch oven with carrots, potatoes and onion. Maybe some rolls and...