Thanks Ray. Good info.
Any advantage to using 1 circulator and zone valves for multiple heat zones versus 1 circulator for each heat zone?
Ok, I see. When you load the stove, does the wood get as high as the grate? You did a real thorough job on the restoration.
Also the return temp has to be a certain minimum temp to prevent condensation on cast iron exchangers.
Mine is close to that vintage. Simple and trouble free. I just changed the Extrol expansion tank from 1998.o_O Still good but really was due.
Boiler replacement will be coming down the pike for me in the next year or so.
Wow. Is the boiler reset a standard feature on new boilers? I think they run the circulator for a bit longer too with lower water temp.
That is good. Especially propa vents to keep the air flow going.
I'm going to look into the rebates for the wicked smaht thermostats soon. Also interested in an automatic boiler reset to manage the boiler temp...
Thats great Ray. What was the cause of mold, roof leak, lack of insulation...? We had ours done a few years back with the blower door test. The...
That is looking great. You did nice work getting the stove restored. It sure keeps a nice looking fire. Is there a baffle behind the stove...
So here is an update. I ran the stove two mornings on wood blocks. I closed down the primary air in increments after about 20 minutes. The...
Did the andirons ever glow red? That really shows the extreme environment in the firebox.
Yep, lucky stiff.
Have you taken a look down the flue with a cell phone pic to see what it looks like? I'm curious what you are up against. Nice thing with a...
I probably missed a thread on what you are installing, but are you dropping a liner down the existing flue? Do you think you will need to do a...
I have Vermont slate for a hearth and I did not seal the slate. I'm pretty sure the grout is not done either as the slate would discolor. We...
Great pics. Hard to believe these temps these past few days. The view will be amazing in a few weeks. I bet it was pretty dusty on the trails...
We use the "50%" rule at work. If parts and labor are near half the cost of a new one, we will buy new. Appliance labor repair just for the...
Nice biggin pan. :yes: you are a true iron pan hoarder going out and looking. It looks great seasoned up. Today's find is anot her unmarked...