The chicks just rely on body heat this time of year- shipped to NJ at least. They usually arrive within 48 hours of hatching and can make that...
My 70 meat birds arrived 1-2 days late and now half of them are dead. Looks like they were roughed up too...poor little fellas. The hatchery is...
I pulled a tick out of the back of my leg up by my hamstring when I woke up in the middle of the night last night. I feel like they never truly...
Btus are right up there with oak but dries much faster. Can be a bit rough to split where the trunk isn’t straight
Honestly, it really does help. Some days I feel like I don’t even know where to start. Do I move logs around, do I cut and if so where will the...
I got into some beech near the end of my cutting time today. I don’t get much of it usually but I probably have 2-3 cords worth laying around....
Finally got into this mixed hardwood pile and forgot what I had in there species wise. Casually looked at the first log I put on the forks and...
With doing as much firewood as I process, I need to make goals to keep motivated at times. So I will look at a pile of logs or a pile of splits...
I love the tournament. The first four days are my favorite sports day of the year
I’m itchy just looking at that!
I would take videos but you have to post to YouTube first and it’s too much like work. Haha. I’m typing this during a cutting break.
Yeah those oak rounds get real heavy and quick as you increase diameter. Good work!
Stunning. Where is this?
Not for long! Haha
No distinctive smell but the log is close to two years old
It took less than two minutes lol
No I meant bear. I did forget about Burr though to be honest. Maybe that’s it?
Another phenomenal beer from Trillium and then a shot of my breakfast beer while sitting here at my 9yo’s baseball tournament
Haha. So true! I should post it there for fun. But yes, it’s gum...miserable crap!
I know it’s oak for sure. Possibly bear oak if not post?