Black cherry.
Nice work. Really makes a difference when an 036 will cut as fast as an 046
Another nut on each one used as a jam nut would work also.
Made it as short and sweet as I could. The "cube" thing is only close, as some saws of a given size were already named, so later models the same...
In Stihl nomenclature, an 044 is about 4.4 cubic inches. 71cc. The numbers are close, but not always exact, due to (at least in the 0xx series of...
Not sure of any weaknesses, other than parts availability. EBay always has some used stuff though.
The 038 is just an older model than the others you mentioned. Made in the 80's, rather than 90's and 00's. $500 isn't too bad for the shape it's...
Ironic. You'd think that after smelling that cloudy haze for the last 6 months that a little fireplace would put a smile on their faces knowing it...
Looks like sugar to me. But it's harder to tell if it's limb wood
Sorry Denny Backwoods Savage Back on topic [ATTACH]
Silver? He'll I don't know
Cram all the chains you can into a flat rate box and send them up here. I'll put some lipstick on em and send them back
I've been running it that thin for regular 3/8 as well. Allows me to tip the cutter down into the wheel more for durability
Look at the last pic. You can see how thin the wheel is. Doesn't really matter as long as it's at least .050" or so. Gotta be more careful...
Also ground some 3/8 picco for the first time [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Since this is a log splitter thread, I'll post some pics of square chain I ground yesterday :D Regular 3/8 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Best be careful who you associate yerself with
That has to be a hoss for turning while pushing a bucket full of snow. Or for travelling through deep snow, for that matter:dex:
My first set were KO. The last 3 have been KO2. I get similar mileage from mine.:drunk:
Try to wiggle the flywheel up and down or front to back [MEDIA]