Catkin, the male pollen that sheds, becomes airborne and drifts off to pollinate the female flowers.
Thanks, that’s actually my goal :handshake: I do the majority of my hoarding October-April, then stay busy with other things during the summer. Of...
The shed is quickly filling up. I’m leaving this space empty since my splitter fits nicely in this spot, out of the weather. This stack is maple,...
BBQ guns became kind of taboo in my family when my great grandfather shot a neighborhood cat out of a tree during a family picnic... A few of us...
The OP called it right, I just did my best to help him figure it out for himself. I had faith that he'd get it eventually :) I'm a huge believer...
I don't think there's such a thing as having too many spare chains either. They're a consumable item like 2 cycle or bar oil, just on a longer...
Winner winner chicken dinner
It's worse than that... Do those long green shoots look familiar to you? They hang down on a living tree that is still upright. As spring...
I like this guy's channel and his dry sense of humor. It seems a lot of fellers on the west coast like long bars no matter what they're doing -...
At first I was wondering how a bar could become completely spanked in only 2 years, but yeah at that kind of volume I can definitely see it...
38/70 white oak and one scrap slab cutoff of mulberry. I wasn’t planning on burning white oak in April, but it was in the way and had to be moved....
Pretty awesome seeing it in one long locomotive train row. That last picture is calendar worthy too :thumbs:
I’ve been on a serious splitting kick the last couple days trying to get my yard to be less of a disaster. These piles are temporary until I can...
I’m hoping so, but it all hinges on how motivated the other hoarders are. I guess several trailer loads have already been hauled off. With any...
I’m running out of space as it is anyway, so as nice as this is (and close to home, less than 10 minutes) it doesn’t really pain me that I won’t...
A coworker’s father had some trees taken down this past week and wants all the wood to disappear. One huge red oak, a huge white oak, a large...
38/70 starting the day off with aspen and red oak uglies.
My wife texted me an hour ago saying she felt an aftershock. I didn't feel that either so I'm feeling cheated all over again :picard:
Thanks, it belonged to my late grandfather. I actually just ordered a new scabbard for it which should be in next week. I believe this one is...
I processed some this morning that was white all the way through, but I've had plenty that was dark in the center, like this: [IMG]