I can only hope this leads to some standing dead firewood-worthy trees falling roadside for the taking :dex: [ATTACH]
Exactly my first thoughts as well. Northern Appalachia is still Appalachia. It's a state of mind and a way of life more than just a specific...
The CIA-funded media apparatus is losing its ability to drum up enthusiasm for endless wars on the planet, so they’re thinking really big now. The...
Extra Sausage 029 super. I haven’t yet decided if polishing my custom aluminum side cover was a waste of time or not. We’ll see how it holds up to...
21/70 red oak with a few various chunks and uglies. It’s staying winter here for a while yet. [ATTACH]
I ordered a few things from baker creek tonight. Another 5 weeks and it’ll be time to start the peppers indoors. I still have plenty of tomato...
A little of both. I mix fuel for my saws since the gas gets used before it gets stale. In my weedwhacker and leaf blower I run expensive premix...
I was at TSC again this morning getting chicken feed and checked on the bar oil prices. The New Englander discount is now up to $17 or $18 per...
With the amount of locust you hoard do you remember where any particular batch comes from, or is it all a blur at this point?
Black birch with aging bark: [IMG] Young black birch: [IMG] Black birch (betula lenta) is sometimes called cherry birch because young trees...
Black birch bark will start getting rough at around that size, and form plates that start peeling away horizontally. Pin cherry stays smooth like...
LOL sassafras are almost a weed tree here in certain areas. It's common to find a large clonal stand of them alongside the road. In the forest...
I've encountered 2 so far in CT. One was a small 6" diameter tree near my work, and the other an even smaller 2" diameter tree down the road from...
That looks like fire (pin) cherry to me.
2 does seem redundant. Although, the aftermarket one kind of doubles as a stabilizer to stiffen up the larger dogs so they don’t flex. If...
How about this? :rofl: :lol: [MEDIA]
Here’s Dave’s setup: Hoarders Stacks | Firewood Hoarders Club
You know, I actually never thought of that :emb: I went with the cedar posts because they were both free and long dead, lying on the forest floor....
34/72 burning a bunch of assorted chunks of elm, red oak and tulip poplar
My local weather guy on AM talk radio does a fantastic job. He’s been doing it for close to 40 years and he gives context. Whenever there’s a...