Swamp white oak? Just a guess. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_bicolor Could be Chestnut oak too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chestnut_Oak
There seems to be one missing piece of data. What is the moisture content of the wood? You said seasoned almost 2 years, but that doesn't tell...
Don't sit there feeling bad for yourself. It's ONLY 80 degrees warmer here.... Brrrrr. Oh yeah, and it's already Saturday evening.. my toes...
I agree with Lumber-Jack. By putting the barrier at the same level as your attic insulation, you're reducing the amount of surface area that is...
Mike, Don't stop there!!! Very interested as I may go with something like this and have a similar rise on the chimney. Is there any reason you...
Never happened!!!:p
As they say, learn something new every day.. I just thought you had to keep a fridge from "freezing" in the garage or something. I guess my...
Don't tempt it.. Turn off the switch... Nat Gas, Propane, electric or Oil?
Well, things could be worse. http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24083312/beijing-destroys-barbecue-grills-to-cut-pollution#axzz2lsZxAyHu IMHO, to use...
I hear ya. Lived in a 1972 raised ranch a couple of years ago with little insulation, the original oil fired FHW boiler and original single paned...
What kind of stove are you running? How old is your house? Could air sealing, insulation or window film help you to retain some of the heat that...
Foul or Foal? [ATTACH] or [ATTACH]
I'm a big fan of WWW.InkJetSuperstore.com. I buy my ink in bulk from them, save a ton of money and make sure that I order before I run out....
Warning... adult language.. [media]
Why not? Does the picture provide enough information? What's the difference between that and say a slab of bluestone?
Doesn't sound like this cleaning was done very well.. Would like to know the rest of the story. Firewood moisture, type of installation,...
Huh? What? Did someone call me? What did you get me? What did I miss?:cool:
Then someone will complain about all the smoke and blame it on people who heat their houses with wood stoves.. par for the course.
Don't think of it as selling wood for money.. think of it as 1/3 of a cord exchanged for: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Or if...
Ummmmmm... Why can't you send firewood by email? All the recipient needs is one of these: [ATTACH] and a whole lot of this:[ATTACH].. Heck,...