Fond memories of my dad cutting red oak when I was a kid. I was always marvel at how fast it went from red to pink. Making good progress my friend.
Ash is good stuff. Getting scarcer by the day with the EAB infestation around here. Looking forward to the pics!
Most of mine is cut close to home although I have brought in wood from out of state. :emb:
F150 alone can haul lots of wood. Only way I've moved wood for years.
Pretty cool how trees can grow and engulf things. Do you save chunks like that to display? I have several that I put aside including a piece of...
This was the first half of the original shed. Looks like a hamburger. Bottom was mostly sassafras, center was ash and top cherry[IMG]
WOW!!! Great that you had the phone handy. With our suet feeder literally 3' from the kitchen sink most skittish birds scare easily. They are...
Fresh split face? You did good based on what I've seen here.
It is interesting pattern. Yesterday wood was very fresh cut and rare it makes it into the shed that soon. The SS woods get mixed in little by...
[ATTACH]
You pruning redwoods Jeff? :D
If only two years I'd say you did good. Any sizzle on the ends? Consensus here is three or more years. I've got a half cord CSS May of 22 that...
Welcome to the FHC :handshake: Nice to have you join us. Plenty of great folks willing to help. Yes it sounds like you've got the wood bug....
Cut the rest up today. Nice straight knot free sugar maple log yielded some sweet rounds and splits.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] White oak, silver maple and...
He showed me a pile of mostly red oak that he is selling. Has a buyer from Canada. Not sure what they will be turned into. Lots of sellers and...
Moved the bundle splits from yesterday over and stacked. Fifth row nearing the top. Found a decent 2x6 last week and had added the two diagonal...
Nope, all free. I've never paid for wood. Looking around the past couple days he has more than he knows what to do with. Four giant piles of...
No room. My "wood yard" is a 60' x 60' "postage stamp". Barely enough room for a splitter and stacks. If I get 5-6 PU fulls of rounds there it...
Ill mix sugar maple, black birch and beech as primo one year drying woods. Try to save those for my stove customers. Hickory, any type of oak...
First cut yesterday. It was deceiving. Thought everything would easily fit once bucked. Nope. One good sized sugar maple log plus the sleepers...