Bark looks like ash. Heartwood seams kinda dark but it's ash. Was the tree alive? Cause I've never cut live ash.
I don't believe it. We need pictures!! :emb:
That's the closest pictures I've got of wood that I've processed. The pictures where probably taken 2 weeks after they were cut. So I could...
Sawdog this is some Siberian elm. Is it like yours?[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
What's your general location?
Is the bark cork like? Can you press you finger nail into it? Peel it off in flakes/layers? All elm has this type bark.
Well at least you know what it's not.
How about leaf pictures? Looks like red oak but if I squint my eyes enough I be able to see elm. Lol. Just some closer pictures would help
I got some plans to do some stacking in the morning too. Love the pictures with the new camera. :thumbs: Very nice work with the drop. Lost...
These look interesting. Any info on what they are? Custom build?
A little late but here's some more. [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Last year was my first use of it and I was quite surprised how well it does for shoulder season. Hell last year I used it till almost the first...
There is lots more to get. This maple base is at least 2ft around and came from a golf course so I'd assume it was pretty branchy. That first...
I'm pretty sure it's red maple but the bark is throwing me for a loop. Just never cut any like this before so I'm not ruling out silver. Pretty...
My theory is that curl is affected by wind. Just a thought for right now but I've found curl near the stump of some of trees and also at large...
As far as I've found, with the limited cutting I've done, there's no way to tell until you open them up. The curl can start and stop anywhere it...
Nice!!! They sure look different with leaves. I'm surprised how much of the branches you can see toward the canopy. Kinda reminds me of Siberian...
No surprise really. It was a narrow path only about 1/2 mile wide. I called my dad afterwards, cause he only lives about 5 miles from my work,...
Gotta have priorities right? :rofl: :lol:
Yeah we get hit pretty good sometimes. Monday was the worst storm I've seen personally in real life. I was at work and early afternoon it rolled...