I love me some camping. We just went last weekend for a quick one then we have another planned in Aug for 5 days. We try to go at least once a...
I see what you mean. I can pick out the basic reds and whites but when they don't look like either I don't know what to look at to differentiate...
Well maybe I'm wrong there. I'm just trying to learn some oak specifics.
My guess on that one was post oak. I've found this shape around the yard but haven't located the tree yet.
Yes inside lobe that is.
[ATTACH] Oh and sorry for the thread hijack. :Yar:
Here are some pictures of the oaks around my yard. First pics are trees right around the house. [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]These are some leaves...
Oval shaped.
Mine are looking about the same as yours. Just found one today while picking up stuff in the yard. They should get lots bigger by fall.
Not burr oak big. Maybe an inch and a half long and like a brownish red color. Can't really remember very well sense it was last fall.
As long as oaks are the subject I have a question maybe one of you can answer. I haven't researched it yet so my bad but which oaks drop the...
I'll try and remember you once they start falling. Thought I heard a few fall on the ground last night. So they might be starting soon. Last...
All kinds lol. Some white. Lots of red. Not sure on the specific kind. Can snap some pictures of leaves if you would like. I think some are...
I'm sure I'll have some acorns in a month or so. Let me know if you want some speed when they start falling. I have at least 20 large oaks all...
I don't think I would loose sleep over not getting that gnarly wood!!!!
I'll have to keep that in mind. Everyone seems to have their favorite things from there. My dad really likes the catfish from there.
Nice!!! They ain't to bad for bulk meat.
Hey what town you around. I'm just on the other side of the boarder and maybe a little east in Buchanan.
I remember reading somewhere about last year that like Dutch elm the trees will still grow to a certain size before they can become infected. I...
Can I ask what size these trees are?