Upper 60's and cloudy. Front came through and it got breezy. Very pleasant day. Assorted splitter scraps in the firepit and steak on the...
We need to go cutting soon. I'm not begging you either! :rofl: :lol:
Nice find and repair. When did you roof the shed? Did I miss the update in that thread? Looks great and even greater with wood in it.
LOL!!! ain't that the truth! :picard:
But you don't stack it, well most of the time. :D
Thats my normal MO. I have a few cords of rounds accumulated and i can split right into the truck.
I recognize only the gum out of all three. I've heard T.Jeff Veal mention water oak. The pin oak around here has the typical red oak leaves only...
Once stacked there is no discount here. Still the same amount of work whether dried a day or 365 days.
[ATTACH]
Ill have to keep an eye out on FBM for a deal on one. I only buy if its a GREAT deal as you know. The guy I cut for at my Disney thread knows a...
Hey MHL68 does the wood have any aroma? Hemlock does have a smell to it and IIRC basswood doesnt. The nose knows!
Is Champion one of the better brands of "generic" splitters?
Have a customer wanting to buy fresh green split wood. Wondering how much other sellers discount their price. I've sold green rounds in the past...
More or less the same experiences here. Seems there's no honor in people these days. Recenty i held a chain saw for a guy as he was an hour...
Not my 660, but first time I've run one. 36" bar. Having run the 500i before it the same day I wasn't that impressed. Too heavy for me.[ATTACH]...
Like I said it makes great kindling. Hang around here for a bit and get an education. I thought I knew a lot about wood and trees and have...
Got a call from buzz-saw Thursday. He had cut some Norway maple and offered it to me knowing I love maple. Easy back right in and load....
Black locust? Did someone say black locust? :drool:
Sounds like basswood. Would you take any softwoods ie hemlock given the chance? Around here softwoods are frowned upon by most burners with...
The little bark scrap on his splitter looks just like basswood based on my experience which isn't a whole lot.