It was being sold as a round and not processed. I have to work there again this week and I'll split one if still there.
X2
Busy full day again yesterday. (so much so I didn't take any pics) Moving and IDing logs put aside for miller fodder. He has a guy coming to...
Not fun but better than mud IMO. Most of it is gone down here and haven't been to my wood yard since Wednesday but will find out today. I almost...
I didn't really study the pics that closely but after doing so you are right.
You mean with all those saws there wasn't one in the truck??? :picard: Not even the wild thing? Some sweet logs though. Better go back ASAP! :tree:
At what price does it become highly valuable then? :makeitrain" BW kinda on the rare side around here.
Black walnut. Look for the chambered center pith. The heartwood smells like iodine.
Pretty sure its black walnut. Look for a chambered center pith then it is.
Split a few and look for a center pith. Then its ash of some type.
Havent cut for him since new years day and kinda wrote it off. Well he texted the other day saying he needed me to cut again. I cut most of this...
It wont be split for a while. He may sell as rounds.
Some of the bark has an ashy look to it, but I don't see any EAB damage under the bark I your pics.. Did you see any CutSplitStack? Also look...
Sorry to hear about the knee. Hope all goes well. Give her my best wishes.
I sniffed a couple and it had a very faint cherry smell. My mother had planted a pink weeping cherry in her yard and IIRC the bark looked...
Bucked quite a bit of this at my cut today. The guy I was working for thought cherry, but I said willow and after cutting all of it I'm thinking...