Man, did we ever receive a pile of rain the past 24hrs! I'm hearing something like almost 2"!! The rivers and streams are at MAX CAPACITY. And...
We fired up blacksmith's forge last Sunday and I started work on a set of draw knives for a raffle over on the OPE site to help out...
That confirms it for me, slippery elm. Also known as red elm.
That is red elm, in my opinion. Has a very spicy scent, dark heartwood, and isn't terrible to split. The bark, color and grain have me...
Hoping to get my taps out this week....
Do you have any that need climbed? I'll bring my gear. And I'm hoping to bring the Tipi as well....my son and I had it up for his winter...
Hey guys, one of our members is going through some tough times, and our brothers and sisters over on OPE are mustering up a fantastic...
That'd be awesome!
You better be there, I'm counting on it!
A lot of these Chinese axes are made using Asian ash too. That stuff is weak to begin with.
Quiet, TurboDiesel! That was all Barcroftb and DexterDay 's doing!! Can't wait til June!!
Oh, I will be there!! I can't wait!! Hell, I might not even come back home!!
Bring those brackets down to the house when you're ready to weld them and we will blind-weld them. Or we can rivet them.
Yep.......quickie lunch!
I used my spider pot today in the one cabin up at camp.....check out the hearth, those are 5' long oak logs on railroad track andirons!! It's...
Betcha you can still taste that coal....lmao....
As much as I'd love to come out, that's a solid 15hr drive one way for me....... We shall see......
Part of the reason our world is the way it is....everyone has it so dammed easy, and in turn they feel ENTITLED to everything. You actually...
I'm no blacksmith, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once...... ;)
Tonight's woodstove forge project....a small table knife and spoon, made from the scrap spatula handle I cut up. They turned out pretty good, I...