I'll go with boxelder.
Do you have an air purger over the expansion tank or hy-vents that are not working properly? Mineral deposits can crud them up.
Multiple zone valves for a few different heat zones? I just went through a re-wire on a 1 circulator and 3 zone system including boiler relay....
I've processed a bit of wood over the years, but haven't seen it in wood piles or deliveries. Thanks again everyone. This is another reason this...
Just under the top layer of gray outer bark it is stringy. [ATTACH] The end of the outer bark has multiplenty thin layers. My dad carves...
Thank you Grizz. I just ordered two.:yes:
I did not notice it until now. Auto correct.:headbang:
I did not see any catalpa bean pods on the ground in the area, but I don't know if all trees have pods. There were a few oaks and two elm trees...
I don't see any open pores in the grain like oak has.
These splits are on the sweet smelling side.
Hmmmm. :sherlock: Does cottonwood have an odor?
Absolutely. My current stove had a chunk of charcoal blocking one of the primary air holes on the dog house inside the firebox. The secondary...
Thanks again Bret. That chart is a big help. I'm trying to get things right for this restoration.
Thank you.:yes: I have to get this thing off the floor and onto a bench to really get into it. Too many projects.:headbang:
I picked up a mid 1940's Delta scroll saw. A big, heavy bugger with a 24" throat. I'm in the process of cleaning it up and I want to change the...
Thanks Eric. I haven't seen sass around here, so it is a new firsthand I'd for me.
It worked out well. I sharpeneed the saw chain and we headed out for a truck load of oak which turned out to be sassafras. We split the load....
My neighbor and I cut a truckload of wood this morning. My first thoughts were oak on the bark, but the splintered pieces were not oak grain. No...
It hit about 48 degrees today, a nice crisp evening to fire up the oven. White cedar and oak. I threw some small black locust and it really got...
It is a good day so far involving firewood and woodworking. The stove has been running all day on uglies and shop scraps. I split more locust...