Been there done that and it sure ain’t fun!
Today is the first day of summer break. I did a little inventory check today and figure I have right around 150 cords so far and 80 days to make...
I had to cut down a 40” diameter oak tree at my brothers blueberry and cranberry farm yesterday. The power company topped it 2 years ago and it...
And it takes longer to process.
A type of red oak, possibly pin
The two loads are probably about 2.5 cords
Yes, they are mostly nice size so it’s quick and easy to work up. And yes, it’s all chestnut oak
He has a stove but doesn’t mind breaking them down
Too much time and they come out ugly. I sell wood so I gotta keep the pace up if I want to make any money
With the tree guys dropping off so many logs I can’t keep up with, I’ve now resorted to trying to get rid of the big nasty pieces- the ones that...
Tree guys are really trying to mess with my plans. 4 more loads of oak!
Too many people living in a dry climate
Cut for about two hours in the heat again today. Didn’t have much more time than that but I was feeling the time I put in yesterday with the heat...
It makes a good weight loss plan. My hunger level goes way down when I'm working hard in the heat.
Lots of water
Spent about 4 hours this afternoon cutting on some Goldilocks sized oak. Starting a new pile and got about 3 cords cut and piled up. It was a...
This was taken around the time I stopped cutting yesterday. Went home and spread 5 yards of mulch before I hit the pool.
Like most in here, it started early. I remember when dad would fire up the chainsaw and I just HAD to be there. Before we moved from our old...
Meant to post this yesterday but ran out of time. Looks like the temperature is cranking up. It will be like full blown summer cutting wood this...