Hang in there guys & gals it was 68 here today:D cut up some stuff the power line crew made a bomb scare out of...Cypress, Cedar, Sweetgum,...
Got back from Maine last night, the banks were over my head. Mall parking lot has mountains that will last well into June. And it was...
Brings back fond memories of the Klondike Derbies from scouts as a kid. Sleeping outside even with the right gear is one thing, getting out of...
tis the time of year to sit inside by the warm fire and dream of the warm spring to come. I'm heading to Portland tomorrow and I think the...
most mills won't touch logs that big, and if they are yard trees they shy away even more so. rounds like that are "fun" to work up - in that they...
That's a huge white oak and precariously placed down that hill - lots of rocks to negotiate as well. 3 cords of WO is awesome, its smells so nice
got to get to it the first winter after the needles turn brown from beetle kill here. I think it's the southeast's humidity and bugs that cause it...
I can say firsthand when they perform controlled burns up the mountain here - it's staggering how much smoke there is. I wish I had the camera...
Coldest the house got was 64F on both the GF's reloads and return home - and those were afternoon temps with some 20-30mph winds @8-10F with 2x4...
agreed it took 20mph winds and 10F for 8hrs to freeze an 8" pipe at work that never froze before in 0-7F temps
I know we've all been watching the Pats(insert GRONK spike)- but has the generator been fixed?
we've got low teens coming here, sub freezing for 48hr (that's a big deal for those up north:rofl: :lol:)
Sweating in the stove room on a big split of 4yo willow oak, wanted to test a really big block ~10x12" to see how it would work for this coming...
Funny when I was scheduled for a steroid shot for a disc issue in late September a few years ago and the anesthetist was bowed up giving epidurals...
Truer words never spoken. Welcome to FHC and awesome stack of oak:yes:
The 441 does look and feel like a tank compared to the 362 when comparing powerheads at the dealership. From the intended use perspective of...
Check out the welding supply section of HD/Lowes/hardware store and pick up a set of oxy-acetylene torch tip cleaners and a couple cans of carb...
Local Stihl dealer because the .063 chains still have 1990's price tags and are covered in dust in a drawer;)
GF got me one several years ago for hunting. Makes getting a climbing stand hooked up in the dark so much less frustrating. Mine sits on the...
I end up with some pieces like this every year. They do burn hot. Biggest problem with wood in this condition is getting and keeping it dry. The...