I found this young white pine growing in the shade on the edge of a sandpit a couple years back. I dug it up and moved it here. Up until this past...
Chipmunks are out of control here this year too. I wonder if it’s because last year was a mast year for the white oaks/walnuts/cherries? That and...
The one Osage that didn’t get eaten isn’t doing well at all. I have a few more seeds that I’ll probably try planting this week in a caged pot. If...
A little update today. One year old black walnut that’s taking off fast: [ATTACH] 2 year old swamp white oak that got chomped to the ground on...
Great firearms with a rich history to them. That’s such a huge honor for your brother in laws to bestow upon you :yes:
I’m pretty good about blasting the underside of my deck off with the hose after every use, but I’m sure it’s worth it in the long run to go the...
Looks like Devil's walking stick. There's a bunch growing at my work.
Strawberries are just starting to come in: [ATTACH]
Woke up to rain this morning and took the dogs outside. Felt a little chilly. 53! Almost cold enough to light the stove, but I told FHC weeks ago...
+1 acer saccharum
A humble native mapleleaf viburnum in bloom. I collected a bunch of berries back in the fall from various places and tossed them along the edges...
I was bringing a load of brush to the dump this morning and passed a tree removal. On my way back home, I pulled into the parking lot to...
I’m a Stanley Kubrick fan but surprisingly never connected the dots until recently. I learned a few new words that were vaguely familiar to me...
I’ll find out soon enough o_O
I picked up this 372XP a couple weeks ago for $450. It came with four 24” bars and chains. The muffler was dented and it ran a little off, but it...
You are the Dixie hickory king! :thumbs:
Fill them with water, throw several bullheads in there, and shoot them one by one? Set them up in a sand pit, top them off with tannerite and see...
I always use caution re-tensioning warm chains. Constant readjustment of warm chains will stretch them in short order. As a chain heats up, the...
This entire property up until recently was the western Connecticut DEEP headquarters (Department of energy and environmental protection). It was a...
Horse chestnut in bloom with blooming rhododendron in the background: [ATTACH]