I acquired a free load of wood chips this morning from the DPW, and spread them along the stone wall where my chestnuts are growing. I’m trying to...
Thanks for the memories " ~ " ;) [MEDIA]
If a DeLorean had an affair with an HVAC duct, the bastard child would look a lot like this :)
Someone in my town has one that I've been seeing a lot of lately. Odd thing is I usually see it at Dollar General and Aldi. Whatever gives people...
IME 6 months is enough under the conditions you described above. I still have a bunch of Norway spruce from summer 2020 and it doesn't burn any...
I found this guy today, sporting his Doc from Back to the Future hairstyle: [ATTACH]
That's some nice straight red maple Brad. Good that you're getting it before the heat wave sets in as well. If I had the itch I'd have been all...
:whistle: [ATTACH]
As far as home pages go, the weather channel works. Or even better a blank page at duck duck go. It makes no difference if you’re consuming CNN,...
The 241 banter may be over, but there’s still the banter about only running Stihls and a deep-seated aversion to ported saws :whistle: Speaking...
You stole that saw o_O Congratulations :thumbs:
[ATTACH]
I tried that 2 years ago with several hedge balls, and I kid you not the squirrels dug up every single seed :hair: Not even maple seeds are safe...
Huge is an understatement :eek: I’m kind of surprised that the center is so solid too. Nice grab and that you helped out a customer in need.
A case of the cover being better than the original [MEDIA]
The medullary rays on the end grain are typical of oak. It looks like red oak to me.
Thanks for sharing this letter; I'd never read that before. No doubt my grandfather read this before boarding a C-47 that day. Powerful stuff...
White and black won't hybridize because they're in different families. White is in the white group, black oak is in the red oak family. The only...
I have to credit FHC for probably half of what little skills I have in identifying trees. Any time someone posted a wood ID, I'd really study the...
I try to split it right away after cutting it. Splitting seems to get more difficult if the rounds sit for a while IME. Not a huge deal with...