I will split in the near future. Definitely not locust or black walnut
Splits like butter, seasons fairly quickly but does leave a good amount of ash. It is more rot resistant than soft maple. I would also question...
This log has been here for close to a year and judging by the bark I thought it was sugar maple. As I started cutting I was surprised at how dark...
I’ve been trying to avoid this but I’m still without the tractor so today I had to start cutting from this pile. What’s exposed and near the top...
Been a while since I’ve added to this
What are you going to do with the second half of the day?
That’s a fresh split?? I have no clue
POS whoever they are
This was when I tapped out yesterday and I was whooped! After 5 days of the heat it caught up to me but yesterday was the worst day of the year...
90 tomorrow and then a lot of 82-84 in the forecast.
If you can stack when it feels like 100, you can take the heat better than you think.
I didn’t mind. It was getting old. Third one I did that with so far this summer
I would never be able to get anything done
This is when I tapped out today. Was also on my third shirt. Couldn’t even get the first one off without ripping it off like hulk hogan.
Thanks man. Yeah I take pride in my piles!
Do people burn pecan down there for heat or just barbecue?
I have a lot of repeat customers but I do seem to pick up neighbors or friends of regulars as new customers
It will be gone before turkey day
Finally got done splitting the pile of huge rounds which were mostly ash with some red maple, poplar, and mulberry. This mixed hardwood pile...
4.2” of rain at my moms (where I process wood) since Saturday night. I need a dry spell!