That’s funny, I hear the same thing around here. :handshake: The Mississippi River is the limit for lots of folks…
It’s probably only about 5 hours one way from there to here… You can have this one, a few chunks of the Shagbark that’s ready to burn & a bunch...
As I have posted an ID thread & found out I have a Pignut Hickory to go along with my Honey Locust from todays felling. Both trees are about 18” -...
Some timbers have a lot of them & others have none, they seem to be rather patchy. Of coarse at the rate things are getting dozed out around there...
What’s the drying time on it ? 2 years ?
I stumbled across this dead one a couple months ago while checking fences. I just don’t know if it’s a Pignut or Bitternut ? Here are some pics...
That would be great if we get some snow, there will be plenty of limb wood to keep the fire going.
Then there is this brute that I am hoping to take down at some point over the fall/winter. It’s over 48” dbh & not much smaller up to the forks. I...
There is one more big dead standing oak that I will get if I can keep from damaging any surrounding trees, also a rather large limb that is down &...
I believe everything other than the main trunk is ready now but I will check it when I start bucking & splitting.
I got the 2nd dead bur oak down this evening, my back cut was less than stellar but I laid it down right where I wanted it to go with some wedges...
Going fire this one up tonight: [ATTACH]
Having this this evening [ATTACH]
This ^^^ Have you made an offer yet ? May as well wheel over & lay your eyes on his so called stash.
It took off as soon as I walked in the house, this pic was taken about 5 minutes later. [ATTACH]
I took the moisture meter today, pieces that I checked ranged from 15% - 22%. I made a Swedish candle out of a 5” dia. piece, I can’t even get it...
[ATTACH] Well, he did have the blocks to put it on & get some free tires & rims….
Having this Cohiba this evening [ATTACH]
I got a some trigger time & some X27 time in today. I nice little load. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
What’s the point ? Just getting together for cigars, some drinks & a bit of exercise??