Buddy, if I was close I'd be all about helping you do that. I'd be on the roof. Have you gotten any estimates to have it done? Is there any...
Wise words, my friend..... If you don't pucker now and then, you're doing something wrong...
Mmmmmm. White oak. My favorite.....
The last pieces I bought were 12' x 40' and they were around 60 bux each. Which I thought was a great deal. That's all I use to top cover my...
You've become a very good climber, I trust you with my life and you can trust me with yours. At the end of the day, the job gets done, safely and...
Yep.....heats my house all winter without even turning on my furnace!! Love it!!
I don't think, the base was firm and no holes or cracks whatsoever. The only holes in this tree were up high in the leaders.
Hey, I like doing these posts for my firewood family, whenever I have the time to write them!
It was still in very stable condition for its age. I was amazed that neither trunk had any wind splitting or cracking whatsoever. It was on the...
It was far enough away that it wouldn't have posed a problem for the Tavern, but the sand mound might have been in trouble....
The property owner had some good ideas for the hollow logs. I hope he can use them.
The second leader is down, and you can clearly see the severity of how hollow it was. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The property owner still got a nice...
While ascending that first leader to top it out, I discovered that the trunk was indeed hollow. After dropping the tops, however, we knew it was...
We removed as many of the rocks at the base of the tree as we could, hoping to salvage as much wood at the base as we could possibly get,...
......turned out to be a bummer, somewhat. blacksmith and I did a few walnut trees on Sunday (one was a DANDY) at a local 1750s stone tavern. I...
Thas no good, it's junk. Go ahead and send it to me,I'll dispose of it properly for ya.....:whistle: (That's a phenomenal looking original saw, BTW)
I've had stray yellow jacket queens before, but never a large quantity. Sttange.....
I hope you realize that I've been thinking of you with concern ever since this whole thing happened, you and your family have been in my prayers...
I'll see what we have going on that weekend, if we're not busy blacksmith and I could possibly come out.
I haven't had any issues, keep me posted if nothing changes for you....