Hey guys. Been awhile since i posted here needing help. I have this chainsaw, it's a 365 special, that's a buddy of mine. He wanted it rebuilt...
I wonder how many days it would take to split a cord with that thing?
You must be a weather man or good friends with one. :cool:
Pictures or it didn't happen.:emb:
I totally understand where your coming from with the wind. Luckily I'm tucked back in the woods and dont have that problem too much. Personally...
I would think if you top covered your stacks you wouldn't have to worry about rot. Not sure though cause I haven't had wood around for 6 years.
Elm? Not the stringy type. American??
That looks terrible! :jaw:
It's a sad world we live in today. Really doesn't seem free to me.
Figured it was a red oak of some sort. It'll make you feel like he man. Love splitting it myself cause I can pick the size and shape that I want.
Could have not be cut there.
My vote is on elm. Maybe some ash in there (if there are two kinds) but mostly elm.
Idk if that one is electric. Looks to have a motor on it.
Man that's some good looking stuff gboutdoors!! :thumbs:
I've heard guys using a deer carcass or similar, cover with chain link fence then spike the fence down to the ground.
Upgrade? I've rented one of those units for the weekend once and it was built like a tank. Heavy gauge steel on everything. And the two way...
It's getting pretty ruff around here. Wind is gusting can hear it building through the trees. Dropping lots of small branches on the roof....
Thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting one for awhile cause zip lock bags just don't do it. At least this'll get me started.
I'll third the red oak.
Doesn't look like maple to me. Get a picture of end grain and the inside of a fresh split.