Nice score!!! WIN-WIN!! [ATTACH]
My wife is the same, she's been on a kick restoring and repurposing old furniture, she's got a real knack for it.
Looks great! Nice job!
You're going to fit right in around here, Steve Burns Wood! Welcome to the family. !
Good to see you, Grizzly Adam! I've missed your humour!
I'd split anything over 6" diameter at least once. That's my rule of thumb with any wood.
That's what I think it is, also the metals that you're using to process the wood (chainsaw chain/bar, maul, axe, etc).
It's the tannins in the sap that dyes your hands, mine turn a dark-bluish/almost black when I'm sweating and working oak.
Kinda looks like catalpa to me.....
True dat!
Yep....I picked up a 2003 Yamaha RX1, but I gotta rebuild the bottom end first.....lol
Did you see the mess kit spoon and knife I made last winter? Both made from an early 19th century spatula handle, the spatula was junk, so I...
Looks good buddy! I simply wipe all my wrought steel utensils down with veggie or olive oil after each use.....
We've gotten so much rain this season it's sickening! I sure hope some of this moisture shows up come December and January, in the form of BIG...
I still prefer my Dremel with Oregon stones, but I do all my chains by eye, including the rakers. I've literally sharpened hundreds and hundreds...
I'd start off with a 3/16" file on .325 chain, and as the cutters get smaller and smaller change out to a size or two smaller.
Looking awesome, BDF! I feel your pain in regards to the wrist, I sprained mine this week topping a tall dead ash tree in my backyard. But...
I love repurposing materials, it's a win-win! Looking good, fuelrod!
I love locust, and I've burned a ton of it. It comprises approximately 1/4 of my wood hoard, I keep only the really good stuff for heating our...
This kind of stuff happens to woodstoves in the off-season, my Napoleon 1900P has the same issue, along with the single wall pipe that connects it...