Finally got my white oak logs sawn up. I chose to have both logs simply flitch-sawan (bark-to-bark). The butt log was super clean and sawn 10/4....
Had to trade in a great MS260 to get the wife an MS251CBE with the easy start. She has a tough time starting a standard pull saw.
[Q Very cool! That should be a very strong hive. Can't beat free either.
I have an MS261, 361 and 461. They serve me excellently. I lust after the MS201TCM , 241 and 661. Do I need them, hell no. Do I want them,...
Oh yeah! I'm filling out my "hit list." I've got several that are really easy to get to and were completely defoliated this year by the tent...
Tell me more about your hive. Did this one over winter or is it new this Spring? Is it a nuc or a package? Local or Southern Queen?
As you no doubt have figured, the purple hive is the weak one. The other 2 hives (notpictured) are doing about the same as the orange one. We...
I'm good with this. Any black birch I take will be fresh cut and super easy to split and stack. Thanks for the input. It will be taken care of.
I'm kind of excited. They grow really well around here. I have a couple CSS right now and seem to be drying really fast. I've got plenty around...
Cool.
Anyone burn this? Looks like it has the same BTU as oak, but it seems to dry much faster. Seems ideal to me. I have a bunch of it on my...
We just use the standard Langstroth style hives from Brushy Mountain. My wife likes to paint them fun colors. I keep tossing around the idea of...
"They" say you may not get to harvest honey in the first year, but as long as the hive behaves itself, we have always been able to harvest at...
[MEDIA]
Bottom line: ~12 gallons. Details: We are running 4 hives this year, all from new packages since last winter killed all of our hives. 3 hives...
Wow!
You got that right! It takes while to sharpen a 105 dl chain for the 32" bar. :faint:
A colleague at work said he was having a red oak taken down at his house and asked if I wanted it vs. having the tree service dispose of it. I...
Awesome!:dex::dex::dex: Only down side is you can't do the fun part of bucking it up, vs. all the other labor to get it into firewood
General Electric TF34-GE-100 Nothing like it.