I forgot you take the uglies/nuggets for personal use.
Good luck on the big stuff. Doesn't look too bad. On that knotty oak log, will you trim the knot nubs flush? I almost always do for better...
spiral nail
Ive seen thorns like that inside logs. Apple is one that comes to mind. I've seen little thornlike bunps under tulip poplar bark.
Doesnt get much easier than that. Nice grab. You sure you wanna keep the BL? :whistle:
Not usually much wood in those. Brittle trees that break easily. Weird splitting too. More or less chips rather than splits. Good on you for...
Ive seen birds do the same at our suet feeder which is currently down for the season. Saw a pileated while at a friends the other day. Pecking...
Thats a good point and is usually true. I got an MS250 from my friend when he was cleaning out an estate. It was in a shed and covered with...
Wish it wasn't TWO 28" chains! :hair:
BL bark is soft cork like. The bark smells when burned.
Havent seen a goldfinch in a few weeks. Blurry from zooming.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Got the rest out today. 241 and the X27 carefully bucked the double length logs with nails. It tag teamed with the 462 for the stuff in the...
When you come back you sure do make a statement. Thats a SWEET pile of BL. :thumbs: Hope life is on the upswing. FHC not the same without you!
Its June? :D Forgot to change my calendar!
Yes. I gets stacked separate next door. I grade splits as they come off the hydro. Certain species wont go into bundles either.
Well here's a pic of maple mountain. Four rows of mixed sugar, red and silver from recent scores. Maybe three cords worth with yesterdays cut...
I had offered to give a deposit of sorts to procure all the wood. Give him money, I get a deadline and if I don't get it done he keeps it. When...
I get a text earlier from the homeowner. The other uncut tree was taken. I guess the friend who he's been waiting for showed up. He said I...
The customer yesterday asked me if i normally sell green wood which i replied no. I cut enough to keep my regulars supplied plus maybe 25% more...
Forgot to get pics of the mountain, but did hit the score this afternoon. [ATTACH] Sharpened the 28" chain on the 500 when I got there and hit...