Cherry has scaly bark, definitely not cherry. Best I can tell it’s Red Oak
Wow, small world.
Yep, diameter=circumference/3.14
I’m not familiar with Locust, but pictures I’ve seen show deep grooved bark that crosses over itself, forming diamonds almost not straight ridges...
Cherry looks scaly with a dark brown bark, not quite as good as Maple, but still a good upper mid range firewood.
Absolutely!!! Maple is a great firewood. Seasons much quicker than Oak, and throws good heat. Rock Maple has deeper ridges than the softer Maples...
Definitely maple. Appears to be rock/sugar maple
We wanted to, but didn’t. Lesson learned though, always take what you cut the same day. Even if you think it’s safe and out of site. This field...
Happens to the best of us. At least she didn’t put too much time or effort in. One time me and my brother got permission to clean up the edges of...
Well that stinks!!! Sorry to hear that.
It may also pizz people off the neighbors. Most towns have noise ordinances. I’m a early riser. Typically at 4:30-4:45am, but I try to not start...
I realized I never answered my own questions. I burn between 7-8 full cords a year. I harvest 100 percent of my own wood, often including downing...
The winter is a great time to dream up ways to make your firewood operation more efficient. What projects do you have planned for this coming...
Nice score!!! Sugar Maple is one of my favorites
"Got Wood?" or "My wife loves my hardwood!" "I always have hardwood" Those "wood" be a good signs
Spencer
The purpose is simply to see what the average firewood burner does, at least on here. Nothing is meant to be belittling or offensive.
How many full cords do you burn a year? Do you harvest your own wood, buy logs, or pre split wood? Are you working or retired? Do you have help...
I also bought very similar dogs for my MS460. I got them from Baileys, they look identical to yours. I couldn't believe a pro grade 77 cc saw...
My house was built in 1993. It is a 24x36 cape, upstairs is approx 20x36. So total about 1500-1600 sq. ft. It has 2x4 exterior walls with R13...