Beautiful!!! I love splitting and burning Red Oak. Nice square pieces, and long burns. Just wish it didn’t take so long to season.
My son is 14, with the size and strength of a grown man (5’10”, 175 lbs), but I still haven’t let him run a saw. My father didn’t let me until I...
Great post. I just took a walk in my woods, and my pines are all bunches of 5. So EWP as suspected. Now I’m curious to see if I can find any Red...
I heard she likes listening to SirMixAlot whilst splitting
Even though I was by myself, I still had fun. I did hear one of the Red Oak rounds cry out “This is blasphemy.....this is madness!!!” Then I...
I’m not giving away secrets. It’s all common sense really. People laugh at CL ads to take trees down for free, he’d still be doing at least half...
If he gives you a hard time, I’d tell him you can get log length delivered to your house for $100/full cord, ( around here I can anyways) Your...
I just got in. More ice/sleet than snow. Ended up with 1.5 cords split and stacked from rounds. It is 95 percent Red Oak, with a little Maple and...
I just told my wife (who’s a teacher) my plan. She said “you know! There’s plenty to do in here, like laundry!” .....right....right....well time...
What are you waiting for? You’ve got all those lights!!!
Same here, except I’ll be out there alone.
Oh I see. So you’re going to his house, and doing the work for at most a 1/2 cord load. I’d say one box of kindling is fair. People do more for a...
Due to a slow moving day long projected snow event, work has been cancelled today. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I’m tempted to go out in the...
I’ve tried talking to Asplundh before, the guys on the crew didn’t speak a lick of English. As was said they do power line tree and branch...
Is the wood coming to you in log length, rounds, or splits. Also, how much is on a truckload.
Burning wood that is only partially seasoned is tough. Here are a few tricks you could try. 1) keep the wood close to the outside of the stove so...
I've been trying to think of a way to get an extra year of seasoning in without buying any wood. This may be my golden ticket.
Thanks Mike, According to that chart, both Eastern White, and Red Pines only take 6 months to season. Has anyone burned significant amounts of...
Is one year enough time to season white or red pine to burn?
I've always tossed pine aside as a junk wood. Kind of wrote it off. After reading multiple threads about it, I've decided I think I'm going to...