In my childhood video games were just invented. I could never get that good at them. Youre hanging out with a bunch (for the most part) of old...
Tree guy text yesterday. Rest of tree down. Had a good talk with him as first time I met him in person. He was running a 661 with a 36" bar....
Small ones will get bagged and I'll use in my firepit. Big ones go in with nuggets.
Taking shape nicely. I didn't finish mine and started stacking wood in it. Even this years additions (which I need to finish) :emb: I did the same.
Never heard that term before. Is that the same as a what I call a knot nub? Basically where a branch was cut off and you slice it flush with the...
I wore a generic back brace for a year and it helped. Had some disc issues and had to be careful. Not a big fan of chunking down rounds with...
Why don't you sell your cull splits at a discount? Or are they too bad to sell...buggy, punky etc?
I am familiar with the Comstock lode...big silver find from the 19th century so the word stuck with me. Thought it an apropos for the title! :nerd:
I cherry picked (no pun intended) for the straight pieces, measure and cut accordingly. I left the chunks/shorts/crooked wood behind. That...
Our goldfinches have fully molted. Dang that's bright. Almost need sunglasses![ATTACH]
Got a response this morning for my smoker wood on FBM. Guy wanted 3 cherry, 3 apple and 4 oak. He drove 45 minutes as we met up at noon at a...
Pretty common around here as a yard planting and the only "wild" grown ones I see are urban trees that sprout and grow unchecked in abandoned lots...
Working my score yesterday when a guy stops by asking about the wood. Turns out he lived a block away and wanted some for his smoker. I struck...
I had scored a good sized silver maple years back that I couldn't hand split and ended up noodling it into chunks. IIRC I bucked them shorter to...
Great group of folks on here. We love pics here so be sure to post lots of them. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
Welcome to the FHC :handshake:
Woo Hoo! I was just making tea and there was a downy on the hummingbird feeder. It seemed like it was drinking nectar. H bird flew in and...
Some serious staining there. Only once I cut oak that was like that. Sux about the splitter. Suppose it could've been worse.
Silver Maple that is. Same location as my A Thorn in my Side score. Got a text yesterday saying they started taking them down. Postponed from...
I actually like that movie! :emb: